Sunday, May 16, 2010

We ♥ Vintage Part 2

I skipped over a clothes rack and headed straight to a jewellery table, where I struck up a conversation with two lovely ladies. I told them I had a penchant for animal brooches and one of them showed me a cheetah, which didn't particularly grab me, so I specified and said 'Owls'. The lady sitting behind the table took out this tackle box and out came this little guy. After I bought it she showed me this book about 60's collectibles and there he was! I named him Owly.
Next came these beautiful pair of suede shoes, I didn't even plan on buying shoes, I was there for bags and trinkets. But I couldn't resist, and they were fairly reasonable. Gorgeous aren't they? I can't wait to wear them to a gig or for a night out!
I saw this purse when I first walked in and didn't know if I should spend the money on it, but I've always wanted a Glomesh bag/purse/clutch. So I walked away from it and when I saw it wasn't there anymore my heart broke, but lo behold when I came back a second time to have a look at this other wallet there it was! I knew I had to buy it. A small badge on the front declares it to be GC, anybody know what that is? Or if they could possibly give it a date?
I knew this had to be my last purchase because i was down to my last $10, but there was still my Soda-Girl waiting with the lovely gent outside. What to do? So I went out there and told him I spent all my money inside and I only have $10 left, and he kindly said 'I'll give it to you for $10'. Did I also mention the lovely compact collector give me $5 off on the one I chose? I was very excited to show off my new wares, and display them proudly in my room.
Please excuse the quality of the photos, I only had my mother's point and shoot and it was about to die. All in all I was quite glad the Craft Fair didn't happen because I would have missed out on this amazing market and meeting theses lovely ladies and gentlemen. The next one is on June 12th http://www.facebook.com/pages/We-Heart-Vintage-Perth/365311675866?v=wall. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment