Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Another Little Creation

A few weeks ago I was waiting for the boyfriend to finish work so we could walk home together, and he suggested going to Bassendean Fabric and Craft, a store I always pass by but never have the time to go in and have a good look. So of I went, a very nice elderly lady stood behind the counter and patiently waited while I looked and looked and spent the better part of an hour carefully choosing my items. I bought gorgeous fabric, just an off cut for $6, some invisible snaps (for my make-up bag, which I haven't sewn on there yet) and a very cute little cat button, which I will most likely turn into a brooch.


After spending $12.65 of my hard earned money I toddled off to the library where I had a brain wave and decided to make a case for my new iPod. Why buy one when I could use this crappy wallet that came free with a bottle of bourbon(not for me) as a water proofing thingo and the outisde could be the gorgeous fabric I picked up?. Here is the result of my labour, two gruelling hours at the sewing machine (trying to figure out how it works) and then half an hour or so hemming it by hand and putting on the snaps to close it. I used an old pillow case to line the inside and I must say I am quite happy with my efforts. My own of a kind iPod case :) Be sure to visit Basso Fabo and Crafto, as I fondly like to call it, or check out the website (there isn't much to it, but it's 'quaint') http://www.fabricandcraft.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment