Thursday, January 13, 2011

Some Cool Op-Shop Goodies Part 1

I've been to a few Op-Shops (a.k.a thrift stores) during the week and found some really interesting and quirky things. As much as I love vintage markets/stores I always get a bit miffed that they hike up the price so much. I understand that the sellers need to make a profit and vintage clothes are unique but do they really have to over charge by that much? A nightie that I found was $5 and if I bought it at a Vintage market it would have been about $30. I like to think I have an eye for things..

Here are some pictures, please excuse the quality of photos, had to use the old point and shoot because my other camera's batteries died...fail, I know.
This is the nightie I mentioned before, it was $5 from St. Vinnies in Maylands, I can just imagine Betty Draper walking out of her bathroom in this.
Add Image This is a pair of shoes I got for $4, they have a low heel and are pretty comfortable, I never really find shoes at Op-shops that fir because I have small feet but sometimes I get lucky. I'm going to 'bedazzle' them with some floral fabric. These are just a couple of ties I liked the look of, only $0.50 each!
This morning my sister took me to some Op-shops near here and I found all these gems.

The one the left is a jug, perfect for iced-tea, and the red one is a tea pot, both were $2. This another cute little tea pot I got for $2, it said three piece set but they must have been sold, there were tea bags inside haha. This a one of those old cases that had the hair dryer with the cap attached and you put over your rollers, the dryer isn't there anymore but I love the case, I also have a newer one which I picked up at a Vintage Market. This one cost me $2 and the one from the market was $20!
I have lots more, but I'll keep it to these for now and post the rest later.

No comments:

Post a Comment